Monday, November 21, 2011

Green Means Go

I am putting aside my thoughts about Dr. Sears to tell you that his book Eat Healthy, Feel Great is one of the best books we have read this month.  It is an easy to understand book about eating healthy and how it makes our bodies feel good.  He uses green-light foods, yellow-light foods, and red-light foods, which made it easy for Mister and Ladybug to know what foods to eat and which foods to avoid.  Now at every meal they go through their plate telling using the green-light or red-light. 

After reading the book, I put a red-light, green-light activity on their shelf.

I believe the cards are from Lakeshore Learning, but were purchased about ten year ago.

We also did this activity, which is very similar to the above, but reinforced the idea of green-light and red-light foods. 

I asked Mister and Ladybug to choose at least five green-light foods and five red-light foods.


2 comments: