Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Circle is Round

The Wee One received a new shape sorter for Christmas since our old one broke.  It was perfect timing since she loves to put objects into containers and she has started looking at her shape books more.  Mister and Ladybug were doing an art activity that was too complex for the Wee One, so I gave her the same materials and did a modification to focus a circle.

I named and showed her the circle.  Together we traced the circle with our fingers and then I put on some glue.  I asked the Wee One to pick up a marshmallow and I guided her hand to the circle.  We did 4-5 more like that before I let her explore on her own. She enjoyed putting a few on and taking them off.  Of course she ate a few a lot and was a sticky mess when we finished, but she had a good time and had amazing concentration.

No comments:

Post a Comment