Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Best of the Best - Little People

When you have a lot of kids, or maybe it's just having a kid, you have a lot of toys.  Unfortunately so many of those toys are cheap junk.  They break, have limited entertainment value, and will end up in landfills in less than a year. The thought makes my eye twitch and so I try to be selective in what we own.  Looking at our playroom, I may have failed. 

Now for the good - Little People.  Yes, they are plastic and probably leach BPA or some para-something into my kids, but the toys are sturdy, interesting, and have open-ended play.  I introduced June to Little People recently.  I started out with the farm and showed her how to put the animals into the silo and then retrieve them. 

The set-up.  I showed her the animals, the silo, and how to put them in.  The basket lasted a few seconds and ended up across the room.

 
 
It goes in.
 

It took a few tries to get the animal in. 

 
It comes out.
 



 
June came back to this activity a few times and each time she was a little better at putting the animals in the silo.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip!
    I follow your blog from our BBC birth group. I went out and bought this toy for my June baby and she loves it!
    I am particular about toys as well but love that this grows with her and allows for imaginative play. I was also getting tired of all the "noisy" toys that people had bought her.
    Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful to hear! I'm glad she likes it and I think she'll get many years from it. The twins have been known to take it out now and again and they are 6.5.

    ReplyDelete